Thursday, November 8, 2007

Another MeMe

This one snagged from Kirsty. The rules: List one fact, word or tidbit that is somehow relevant to your life for each letter of your first or middle name. You can theme it to your blog or make it general.

M - Motion. I sometimes feel like I am in constant motion. Laundry, lunchboxes, baths, homework, supper, dishes, and work. My head even seems to be spinning when I lay down at night. I think motion and Mom might actually be symonyms.

E - Empathy. Sometimes I have too much of it. I cry when they show sappy commercials on TV and I went through a whole box of tissues while watching Steel Magnolias. I even get embarrassed for the people who make fools of themselves on call-in shows!

L - Literature. Reading is one of my favorite things to do. I get so engrossed in stories that Rob has to call my name several times before I realize he's trying to get my attention.

I - Indecisive. I can spend a long, long time making up my mind. And even then, I'm nervous I haven't made the best choice. Given a dollar and free range of the candy aisle was not a good thing for me. The merits of each piece of sugary delight were weighed carefully until I was finally forced (Just pick one now and let's go!) to make a choice.

N - Nearsighted. I'm blind as the proverbial bat. I wear contacts, but my vision is only about 50 points away from legally blind. A true Mr. Magoo. I cannot see even very large things like cars from a distance of more than 200 feet or so. And the lenses of my glasses have to be compressed. Otherwise they are very heavy and uncomfortable. I feel very vulnerable if I don't have my contacts in and I can't find my glasses.

D - Discombobulated. Just because I like the way it sounds. I love words. Some I love because of what they mean, others, just because they sound lovely and unique. But this word does describe me sometimes. It means: to throw into a state of confusion. Shut up Rob.

A - Adored. Rob adores me and I him. And I can't tell you how much that means to me. Or how it makes the good days brighter and the bad days bearable. Or how much he makes me laugh with his sarcastic wit. I think my kids adore me, even when they are mad with me. I do make their lunches after all. And I have Santa's phone number with me at all times.

Wouldn't this be good for your nablopo thingmajiggity Aunty?

6 comments:

Stomper Girl said...

I could take your E, L and I and put them in my own meme which is spooky because all those letters are in my name anyway - First and Middle

Aunty Evil said...

No. I don't like doing memes.

And I could take the E and the I and put them in my real name too!

And if I use the word EVIL instead of my real name, I could add the L that Stomper is trying to pinch as well.

She wants it all, that Stomper Girl.

Victory at my place, and letters at yours.

Mary said...

I don't feel I need to!

Indeed. Going to use that line myself I am...

Discombobulated. One of my absolutely all time favourite words ever. I don't use it often but love the look on people's faces when I do.

Anonymous said...

Somehow this combox has become all about the letters that we could steal from your name. I can lay claim to just two lowly vowels - e and a, but empathy and adored... I could live with those, no worries.

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

Okay, so if we're playing the "steal Melinda's letters game", I can take four of them... Empathy, Literature, Indecisive and Adored. But you can have Indecisive back, I think, because that's not really me...or is it? I'm not sure, can't make my mind up on that one.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I can pinch a few of those, too. The E is the one that stands out. I hate sad movies. I either cry and feel embarrassed or get a huge painful lump in my throat from suppressing the crying.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

count