I am accepting Tracey's challenge, though I doubt I'm as good a liar as she is.... she did have help, the cheater. There is momentary calm at the Cannady house, so I have time to play. There is one lie in each of the following categories about moi. You have to find them. Rob and Angel will have to be banned from playing since they know me too well.
Four Things you Might Not Know About me:
1. I suck at grammer. I dangle my participles and splice my commas. I capitalize words that I deem important, rather than use the proper noun rule.
2. I'm adopted. My parents have three children older than me and decided they wanted an even number of children.
3. I love a good argument, debate or philisophical discussion on almost any topic.
4. I love to watch sports, particularly American Football.... and I am very, very vocal in my support or my opposition to a particular team.
Four Jobs I've Had:
2. Martha's Gift Shoppe (Why do people do that? Shoppe.) Worked on Saturdays while going to GSU. I was in charge of everything: cleaning, displays, gift wrapping, bridal registries.... my boss kept her records on manila file folders, old envelopes, etc. Yes I said ON file folders, not IN them.
3. Professional Organizer. Helping people pare down their junk and get their closets, cabinets and offices into order.
4. Secretary. AKA Everything to everbody. A job I have really enjoyed. Having an office all to yourself and working independently.
Four Movies I watch over and over:
1. Philadelphia Story. That Carey Grant is just a lovely, lovely man.
2. Halloween. Love a good horror movie.
3. Love Actually. Okay I'm stuck on the Grant's. Hugh is so wickedly funny. I can forgive him his one indiscretion back in the nineties.
4. Star Wars. This is actually more of a requirement at our house.... so it's a good thing I like it.
Four favorite TV Shows:
1. Top Chef. I don't know why. I love to cook, I have dozens of cookbooks and I like a little drama, as long as it isn't under my roof.
2. The Sleuth Channel. I like mysteries. And they show lots and lots of Magnum, P.I. reruns.
3. Barney. Can't resist that song. I love you, you love me...
4. What Not to Wear. I keep hoping I'll pick up some tips... or better yet, figure out how to apply them to my wardrobe. Not working so far though.
1. Reading, reading and reading. When I have time.
2. Baking. I love to make cookies. Tea cakes (think simple, lightly sweetened, crispy) are a speciality.
3. Crafts. I can sew, cross-stitch, knit, quilt and scrap-book with one arm tied behind my back. I was the star of our 8th grade Home Economics class. You should have seen the beautiful shirt I made and wore to school.... the stitching alone was a masterpiece.
4. Blogging. Also considered a diary/psychiatrist's couch. I can vent all my frustrations and get a laugh from the comments.
Four Places I have Lived.
1. Atlanta. Can't get enough of that city living. Who doesn't enjoy 8 lines of highspeed traffic at rush hour?
2. Metter, Georgia. Where "Everything is Better!" Population almost 4,000 people.
3. In a mobile home for almost 6 years while Rob and I saved for a down payment on a house. Sold it for a pretty good profit, too.
4. Iron Horse Road. Our first true house (and we plan on only) right next door to my in-laws. My dining room and kitchen are Mediterranean Red and my den is Nantucket Grey (actually mossy green).
Four Places I'd Rather Be:
1. Anywhere Hugh Jackman might be. Just so I can stare at him, in all his masculine glory.
2. Reading on my couch... while the kids are at Grandma's.
3. On a date with Rob. Just the two of us enjoying some intelligent conversation, a nice meal and maybe a movie.
4. On the observation deck of the Empire State Building, enjoying the lovely view of New York City.
Four Foods I love:
1. Absolutely anything sweet. Cake, chocolate, cookies, fruity desserts, pies....
2. Corn. I will eat it anywhere, Sam I am, on a plane, in a train, on a car, at the bar.
3. Peanut Butter. I add it to raisin bran, put it on my toast and love a good PB & J. Somethings you never outgrow.
4. Italian. Spaghetti, pizza, Alfredo, crostini.... Low-carb is for pansies.
Can you spot the lies. Some are obvious, some not so much. I'm not tagging anybody, since most of my blog readers have already seen Tracey's post and may choose or not choose to take up the gauntlet. Be kind in your comments please. Because my children have not been gentle with me and do not seem to desire my happiness that much at the moment.
*****Edited at 6:55 p.m. on Tuesday, August 27th. Why is it than when one says something absolutely stupid like: Things are quiet around the Cannady house.... that it becomes a jinx on that statement being true??? J.T. came home from school with an ear infection. Didn't complain about it to the teacher, but was in tears an hour after school got out. I get to spend tonight up with him as ear infections are of course, most painful at night. And the next five days struggling to get his antibiotics past his gag reflex (which is very very strong -- just like his mother who can't brush her teeth without gagging). It's a horrible, terrible, no-good, very bad day, to quote Alexander.
6 months ago