Sunday, April 20, 2008

Seven Things

Snagged from Tracey who was tagged by Alice. Seven things about me.

1. I don't go anywhere without mascara and at least a smudge of lipstick.

2. I frequently forget to take my contacts out. Which makes my optometrist make this little "mmmmmmmmm" sound when I go in for a check-up. Why does he ask me if I'm taking them out every night if he knows I'm not?

3. My favorite sit in your jammies with something yummy to eat movie is "While You Were Sleeping" with Sandra Bullock. Nothing deep, nothing super-funny. Just a light romantic comedy that doesn't expect too much of my brain or my heart, just pure enjoyment.

4. In high school I cut my own bangs. Super-short. I haven't had any since.

5. I like to read cookbooks. Is that weird? I would read all of the sinful, decadent dessert ones when I was pregnant and it actually took some of my cravings away if I ate something healthy while reading about chocolate and cream.

6. Love books. But I'm not a patient reader. If I'm not hooked 30 pages in, I'm not going to finish it. I will, however, skip to the end to see how it turns out. How lazy is that?

7. One of my biggest pet peeves in life is when people say: "I seen" instead of "I saw" or "I done" instead of "I did". It makes me grind my teeth.

8 comments:

Mary said...

1. Lipgloss
2. Neither contacts nor spectacles wearer.
3. "The Thomas Crown Affair"
4. No comment
5. I LOVE to read cookbooks.
6. So with you on this one.
7. So with you on this one.

Unknown said...

I am a cook book reader too. And a mascara wearer :)nO eyes, no leave-a-da-house-a

Emma-Kate Castricum said...

You know it was only last night my sister and I were talking about movies we could watch over nad over again and mine was while you were sleeping. I just love it and never tire of it. Like you i can't leave the house without mascara!

Aunty Evil said...

I was reading a Marian Keyes book the other day when I realised it was going into dangerous territory (death of a husband) and I started crying before I even got to that part. After I sobbed for an hour, got caught by MDH and told him all about it, I realised that this book wasn't going to be able to be finished by me without me having some kind of breakdown.

So I skipped to the end, only to find I was right, he did die, so I spent the next 3 hours sobbing and snorting into MDH's back while he slept.

Next morning - I woke up feeling like crap, as a night crying can do, but felt stronger for my cleansing session. I had my shower, got dressed, saw the book again, and thought "yes, I can do this" picked it up and started crying all over again.

That book looks at me every time I pass by. I know what it's thinking. I look at it as being equivalent to a rabid dog that may bite me now.

But I would have loved to have read it through!

Marian Keyes, shame on you!

Stomper Girl said...

People get quite cross/shocked at me when I admit to #6 so am so glad to know I'm not the only one who does this!!! Life's too short for annoying books. And if I ever leave the house without mascara it is by accident and I feel naked.

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

I'm the opposite with books - I really hate to leave one unfinished, but there have been two in the last two years that I just couldn't get through.

As for cookbooks...I love to read them too! I often take a food magazine along while the girls do their swimming lessons...and I'm sure to casual observers it looks like I'm reading some other kind of mag that should come in a paper-wrapper.

Anonymous said...

I have no time for crappy books either - interest me or get lost and I don't even care how it might end!

M said...

1. Me too
2. have done that, bad news. I now only wear disposable contacts so I can chuck them whenever I feel like it.
3. hmmm, can't think.
4. In high school I died my hair BRIGHT red. At a posh private school. We weren't allowed to die our hair.
5. Me too.
6. Being in a bookclub has taught me to be patient.
7. Can understand that.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

count