say to my children the things my mother said to me! That commitment lasted until I had children. I have, in fact, said the following:
1. I don't care who started it! I'm going to finish it.
2. You are working my last nerve. My LAST NERVE! (this is usually accompanied by a somewhat wild-eyed, hair-standing-on-end, mental ward escapee look)
3. If you don't go to room right now, I will not be responsible for my actions.
4. I. said. NOW!
5. Don't start with me.
6. You'll understand one day.
7. Don't slam the door.
8. Would you shut the door? We can't afford to air condition all of Georgia!
9. Do I have to do everything around here?
And something vaguely unintelligible uttered through clenched teeth and pursed lips. I also make that sound that every child ages 6 months to 4 years old understands means "No", "Stop it" or "Don't do it". It sounds something like AAANNNCCCKKK! And it is said very loud, very quickly and makes the offender jump a minimum of 1 foot off the ground.
9 months ago