Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Sing-a-long


Sing-a-long with Abby presents these popular songs (with slightly altered lyrics)

The ABC Song. Known hereafter as the QRS song.

"Q - R - S.... A, - L - M - N - O - P" Repeat 25 times.

(She does actually know the right way to sing it. She chooses not to.)

We also feature Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Also known as the Could You, Were You song.

"Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, How I Could You, Were You, Where you, Could you." Sung quite loudly and followed by a chorus of the QRS song. Make that several choruses of the QRS song.

She might get it from me. I'm a sing-a-long gal. If you were to pass me as I'm driving to or from work you would see me belting out whatever is on the cd player, ipod or radio. Complete with head and hand motions if at a traffic light. I do it in the grocery store too and I'm not the only one.

I'm a kitchen dancer too. You will find me loading/unloading the dishwasher, wiping down the table, etc while singing and swinging the hips a bit.

Think of the potential embarrassment I can heap on my kids during the teenage years!

6 comments:

Mary said...

I love singing along too. And have been known to dance with the kids in the kitchen.

One day I was driving along when "My Sharona" came on the radio and of course I started to sing along. All along the freeway I could see other drivers doing the same thing. That was fun!

Anonymous said...

The photo would suggest a rather healthy set of lungs on her!!

Aunty Evil said...

I'd be less worried about embarrassing them as I would be about them embarrassing me! You never know who is around the corner with a video camera, you know!

Stomper Girl said...

My kids too with the singing except their favourite trick at the moment is to substitute the word poo wherever possible for maximum comic effect. As in jingle poo, jingle poo jingle pooey poo.

Hilarious.

And I am a great one for the kitchen singing and dancing. Especially during housework which is why I never really got motivated to do it when the kids slept, because without the loud music, where is the fun????

Melinda said...

Aunty, my Abby would certainly do something like that.... I hadn't thought of that.

My Sharona!

Tracey, the girl can scream, shout, yell, etc very, very loudly. Very.

Stomper, poo is very funny. Especially when sung. At least they aren't using less polite words for it.

caramaena said...

http://www.kissthisguy.com/ - it's a misheard lyrics site and very very funny.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

count