Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Jump (for my love)

Rob and I put together a trampoline… and we’re still married!

I KNOW!

Amazing!!

Our first attempt at assembling furniture in the early days of our marriage almost resulted in divorce. I learned first hand that men think the instruction sheet is really not necessary at all. They also don’t like to be given suggestions about where to put what and when to do it. (Keep it out of the gutter, people… I’m talking about shelves and fasteners here).




The peanut gallery spent most of the construction time playing in the box, scattering the various parts, screws, springs, foam padding, etc. and asking, “Is it ready?”, despite the fact that it was very obviously, not ready.







It took three hours, minimal cursing and no injuries to get it done! The kids got a good bounce in before bedtime.



P.S. We used the instructions.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's what I call teamwork ;)
The "waiting" photo is priceless!

3 Peas in a Pod said...

My hubby wants to get a trampoline but I bet if he knew he had to put it together and it would take 3 hours he would rethink it. I'll just have to mention this little fact to him. :-) I don't want one yet, my kids are still too little.

Funny, we didn't play nice either when we were assembling furniture. After 7 1/2 years of marriage we have now gotten better. When something gets put together and is still in tact without any damage or minor damage, we consider this a huge victory!

The waiting photo is my favorite too.

Much love from NJ,
Sue
xoxo

M said...

Oh, well done. I never help out with construction projects because my other half won't read the instructions. I always ring a neighbour to come over to help because Firegazer has to be pleasant to them and say 'please' and 'thank you'. :)

Stomper Girl said...

Congratulations. I helped Fixit by bringing out refreshments and saying encouraging things every so often, and possibly a few "hold this bit here for a minute" guest appearances.

I love how kids ALWAYS play in the box.

Precious Pink Pumps said...

Love this post. I so relate.
I love the way you write your posts...I can hear your voice (the voice I imagine you to have) as I read and I love it when that happens....feels so familiar. Laughed a lot - thanks.

Melinda said...

Oh Jen! That's so sweet. Ask Sooz about my voice. It's very hick in person/electronically.

Rob and I both need to be 'in charge', so this truly is a big accomplishment.

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

I think Santa paid someone to assemble our trampoline as he just knew it would turn ugly if we tried to do it.

I *LOVE* the trampoline...talk about a great baby sitter. We had to instutute strict rules though about taking turns after a head clash in the first five minutes.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

count