I guess I should be more specific. These apply to the great state of Georgia. And if you didn't realize we lived in the country before... now you will.
1. A possum (or more correctly an opossum) is a flat animal that sleeps in the middle of the road. a.k.a. roadkill.
2. There are 5,000 types of snakes and 4,998 live in Georgia.
3. There is no such thing as lunch. There is dinner and then there is supper.
4. Sweet Iced tea is appropriate for all meals (even breakfast) and you start drinking it at 2 years old. We like a little iced tea with our sugar.
5. Backwards and Forwards means "I know everything about you."
6. We don't push buttons, we "mash" them. I don't know why.
7. We measure distance in minutes. "Oh, that's only about a 15 minute drive."
8. The local papers cover national and international news on one page and require six pages for local gossip.
9. We have four seasons: almost summer, summer, still summer and Christmas.
10. "Fixinto" is a word. Or a mashed together word that means "fixing to". As in "I am fixinto go to the store." We fix alot of things for some reason. "What are you fixin for supper?" "What are you fixin to do?" I guess it is a symonym for "about to"?
I'll have to think my friend Linda for inspiring this post. She sent me a list and I just compiled my favorites.
8 months ago